Logan Lutheran Church Aneta
Rural Aneta
Aneta, Nelson County, North Dakota 58212
Rural Aneta
Aneta, Nelson County, North Dakota 58212
Logan Lutheran Church, rural Aneta, closed their doors and
most of the members as a congregation merged with Sundahl in August of 1977.
most of the members as a congregation merged with Sundahl in August of 1977.
100th Anniversary
1885-1985
Sundahl Lutheran Church (Logan Church, "Old" Sundahl & East Norway Church)
Sundahl American Lutheran Church
of Aneta, North Dakota
"Old Sundahl Lutheran," organized in 1885 at the Iver Swenson 14' by 16' sod home. Destroyed by fire in February 1949 and rebuilt for first service in July 1950.
Norway Lutheran Church organized in 1891 at the E.B. Hillesland sod hoe, merged with Sundahl in 1967.
Logaan Lutheran Church organized in 1891 at the Knute Helland sod home in Logan township, merged with Sundahl in 1977.
Centennial celebration June 8-9, 1985.
Info from - the back of the Sundahl Lutheran Church (Logan Church, "Old" Sundahl & East Norway Church) plate
1885-1985
Sundahl Lutheran Church (Logan Church, "Old" Sundahl & East Norway Church)
Sundahl American Lutheran Church
of Aneta, North Dakota
"Old Sundahl Lutheran," organized in 1885 at the Iver Swenson 14' by 16' sod home. Destroyed by fire in February 1949 and rebuilt for first service in July 1950.
Norway Lutheran Church organized in 1891 at the E.B. Hillesland sod hoe, merged with Sundahl in 1967.
Logaan Lutheran Church organized in 1891 at the Knute Helland sod home in Logan township, merged with Sundahl in 1977.
Centennial celebration June 8-9, 1985.
Info from - the back of the Sundahl Lutheran Church (Logan Church, "Old" Sundahl & East Norway Church) plate
Logan Lutheran Church
Logan Lutheran Church, about ten miles northeast of Aneta was organized on March 15, 1899. Rev. Thomas Skjei served the congregation until 1929. Rev. A.O. Odegaard was pastor from 1930-1931. Rev. Selmer T. Nelson 1932-1937, Wilhelm J. Madson, 1938-1947, Carl J. Holm, 1948 -1952, John Helgeson, student pastor, 1952-1953, Ralph E. Johnshoy 1953-1957, Einar Fetterman 1957-1964. The present pastor is Rev. Arlyn Anfinrud who arrived Feb. 1, 1965.
The following were charter members: Knute O. Helland, Peter O. Skjoiten, Siver J. Storkson, Gilbert H. Hilden, Olaf N. Callen, Lars S. Larson, Sverre Medji, Helge Johnson, Vebjorn H. Larsgaard.
On July 3, 1889, the first meeting of the congregation was held at the home of Mr. Gunder C. Johnson. After devotions by Pastor Skjei, several applied for membership into the congregation. They were Knut K. Thingelstad, Andrew Jordahl & family, Gunder C. Johnson, & Mr. Harry G. Johnson. in 1899 Halvor Langli and family, Ole O. Stromme & Einar Eliason joined.
In 1903 Mr. & Mrs. Halvor Langli presented a portion of their land to be used as a cemetery. By 1909 the church was built. Up to this time services were held in homes or in the school by Gilbert Hilden's farm. In the beginning services were mostly in Norwegian. The congregation was started in Logan Township; therefore it was named Logan Lutheran Church. The original planning & building was begun by Hans Larsgaard & Conrad Jacobson. Mr. Larsgaard lived to see this project to reality.
Info from – Aneta Diamond Jubilee, 1896-1971(page 97 thru 98)
Logan Lutheran Church, about ten miles northeast of Aneta was organized on March 15, 1899. Rev. Thomas Skjei served the congregation until 1929. Rev. A.O. Odegaard was pastor from 1930-1931. Rev. Selmer T. Nelson 1932-1937, Wilhelm J. Madson, 1938-1947, Carl J. Holm, 1948 -1952, John Helgeson, student pastor, 1952-1953, Ralph E. Johnshoy 1953-1957, Einar Fetterman 1957-1964. The present pastor is Rev. Arlyn Anfinrud who arrived Feb. 1, 1965.
The following were charter members: Knute O. Helland, Peter O. Skjoiten, Siver J. Storkson, Gilbert H. Hilden, Olaf N. Callen, Lars S. Larson, Sverre Medji, Helge Johnson, Vebjorn H. Larsgaard.
On July 3, 1889, the first meeting of the congregation was held at the home of Mr. Gunder C. Johnson. After devotions by Pastor Skjei, several applied for membership into the congregation. They were Knut K. Thingelstad, Andrew Jordahl & family, Gunder C. Johnson, & Mr. Harry G. Johnson. in 1899 Halvor Langli and family, Ole O. Stromme & Einar Eliason joined.
In 1903 Mr. & Mrs. Halvor Langli presented a portion of their land to be used as a cemetery. By 1909 the church was built. Up to this time services were held in homes or in the school by Gilbert Hilden's farm. In the beginning services were mostly in Norwegian. The congregation was started in Logan Township; therefore it was named Logan Lutheran Church. The original planning & building was begun by Hans Larsgaard & Conrad Jacobson. Mr. Larsgaard lived to see this project to reality.
Info from – Aneta Diamond Jubilee, 1896-1971(page 97 thru 98)
This church was located approximately 10 miles NE of Aneta ND